Re: Policy question about web application

On Tue, Jul 10, 2001 at 12:43:37AM -0400, Matt Zimmerman wrote:

> I agree.  I've had cricket's CGI scripts in a subdirectory since the beginning.
> Since they have generic names like 'grapher.cgi', it helps to show which
> package they belong to.
>
> IMO, any package which has more than one or two CGI scripts should do this
> (*cough*, doc-central).  The one that really bugs me is viewcvs, which installs
> /usr/lib/cgi-bin/query.cgi.  In fact, I think it deserves a wishlist bug.

I also have a query.cgi in bugzilla that I had to rename.

Ok I'm looking to make a proposal on policy. I think I'm a little
to fresh Debian maintainer to do that but since there is no risk.

This change may create some bugs againt http server while currently all
package directly that install cgi under /usr/lib/cgi-lib work without
change the server configuration, I'm not sure this be easy to for
subdirectory.

Rémi Perrot