1st try at packaging perl program

  Hello,

  this is a near-copy of a mail I sent yesterday to debian-perl. I
think it is relevant to this list.

  I just managed to build a working .deb from a perl program (a game
that uses gtk and gnome), after a fair amount of cruft (*).

  I build it w/ the help of the "New Maintainer's Guide", the
"Packaging Manual", the devel, mentors and perl mailing lists. There
are still a few things that I don't understand, such as that below.

  Would anyone be willing to send me the source tree of a debian
package that wraps a perl program/module (or send me the url for one)?

  Also, I read in last February's perl archive about Joey's
CPAN::Debian and about Lupus's work in the same direction. Has anyone
used them? I downloaded CPAN::Debian, but didn't look at it yet.

  Cheers,

  Etienne

PS:  Sample thing I don't understand :

### Lintian complains that :

  W: bloksi: perl-script-needs-dependency "libgtk-perl" ./usr/games/bloksi use Gtk

  I tried the following lines in the 1st paragraph of the rules files

      Depends: perl, libgtk-perl, libgnome-perl, libgtk-imlib-perl

  and

      Depends: ${shlibs:Depends},${perl:Depends}

  without results.

(*) The source tree, .deb, etc are at http://anonimo.isr.ist.utl.pt/-
    ~etienne/debianized_bloksi). The real cruft part is in
    Makefile.PL's postamble part.