Re: error when building package

On Fri, Jun 29, 2001 at 03:55:40AM +0200, Eric Van Buggenhaut wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 29, 2001 at 01:08:44AM +0200, Robert Millan wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > when i run "dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot" to create a package, i get the following error:
> >
> > dpkg-deb: parse error, in file `debian/esms/DEBIAN/control' near line 6 package `esms':
> >  `Depends' field, missing package name, or garbage where package name expected
> > dh_builddeb: command returned error code
> >
> > while my debian/esms/DEBIAN/control file looks correct:
> >
> > Package: esms
> > Version: 0.8.5-1
> > Section: comm
> > Architecture: i386
> > Depends: ,perl-base, libwww-perl
>           ^^^^
>
> Looks correct ??
>
> > Depends: ${shlibs:Depends}, perl-base, libwww-perl

Definitely incorrect. What's happening is that shlibs is returning no
dependencies, or you're not running it. If you've commented out dh_shlibdeps
in your debian/rules file, then remove the ${shlibs:Depends}, section from
debian/control, otherwise comment it out and remove the ${shlibs:Depends},
section anyway.

:) d

--
Daniel Stone						     <daniel@sfarc.net>
<Nuke> "can NE1 help me aim nuclear weaponz????? /MSG ME!!"