Re: chroot testing/unstable environment.

On Wed, Jun 27, 2001 at 02:43:08PM +0100, James Troup wrote:
> Viral <viral@debian.org> writes:
>
> > I need to package kernel-patch-folk. However, the files are too big for
> > me to download.
>
> Hang on if you can't download it, how are you going to use or test it?
> Or are you saying you're packaging software you neither use nor can
> test?

Well, in this case, I thought an exception would be fine. Its just one
giant patch, with a whole lot of experimental projects. It would be
impossible to test them myself. All I could test for is that the patch applies
cleanly, which I can do on any machine.

Check out the list of patches, and you'll figure its not quite possible to
test.
http://folk.sourceforge.net/
My idea was that there would be people who would be interested in this, and
a package would help there.

I had to do it this way for my other package, mosix too. I couldn't completely
test it. People on debian-beowulf helped with the testing basically as I
didn't have a cluster at hand then, and the package got done fine and went
into the archives.

Is my argument fine ? If someone else would want to take over the packaging
of kernel-patch-folk, I would be glad.

viral

--
There's someone in my head but its not me.