Re: Change of package name or command name.

On Thu, Jun 28, 2001 at 12:17:20AM +0900, Yooseong Yang wrote:
> I change the command name of my package into poEdit. potool and poedit have similar
> functionality but poedit is based on GUI not on console. After changing the command name,
> all problems related to my package are solved. I'll come to upload my package to ftp-master.
>
> Any opinion?

Yes.  poEdit is a horrible name.  Command names should be all lowercase.
Did you check with upstream about this, by the way?  They may have
preferences about the name, and they're likely to want to avoid the
name collision if you point it out to them.

Did you contact the maintainer of the other package?  It might be
easier to change the name there, because its poedit is not the
primary tool of the package.

--
Richard Braakman
Will write free software for money.