Re: control file question

On Tue, Jun 19, 2001 at 01:39:58PM +0200, Abraham vd Merwe wrote:
> Hi Julian!
>
> > > The problem I have is that I have a library with same host architecture but
> > > different cross compilation targets, so I have things like:
> >
> > Build-Depends supports an arch specification, like:
> >
> > Build-Depends: libc-arm-version (>=2.1) [arm]
> >
> > See policy section 7.1 for details.
>
> I know about that, but that doesn't help since it won't be compiled on that
> host architecture. It's for cross compiling, so for something like
> dietlibc-arm-dev you'll get Build-Depends that differ from dietlibc-dev on
> the _same_ host architecture.

 What if you rearrange the dietlibc packages so they are all in
binary-all, and name them dietlibc-ppc, dietlibc-arm, etc.  The
autobuilder for each arch will build dietlibc-<arch>, so they will all
get built without you listing build deps that work for
cross-compiling.  Correct me if I'm wrong, but the same .deb of
dietlibc-arm-dev can be installed on any arch machine, right?  That
way, there doesn't have to be a separate deb for ever pair of
architectures, just one for each target.  (I notice that currently
there are only dietlibc-dev packages, not cross-packages like
dietlibc-ppc-dev that could be installed on any arch machine.)

 Hmm, I'm not sure if this helps any, but you might want to think
about it.  I'm new to this list, and I'm about to start trying to
make my first package and become a developer :)

--
#define X(x,y) x##y