Re: I made xpringies as debian package

Thanks for your interest in Debian.

I downloaded your files but they aren't lintian compliant and seem to be
corrupted. Could you correct this ?

[eric@femto:~]$ lintian -i xspringies_1.12-1_i386.changes
E: xspringies_1.12-1_i386.changes: md5sum-mismatch-in-changes-file
xspringies_1.12-1.dsc
N: size is 8077, argname is xspringies_1.12-1_i386.changes, filename is
/home/eric/xspringies_1.12-1.diff.gz
E: xspringies_1.12-1_i386.changes: file-size-mismatch-in-changes-file
xspringies_1.12-1.diff.gz
W: xspringies source: dh-make-template-in-source debian/cron.d.ex
N:
N:   This package contains debian/*.ex and/or debian/ex.* files installed
N:   by dh_make. These are intended to be filled in with the package's
N:   details and renamed for use by various debhelper commands. If they are
N:   not being used, they should be removed.
N:
W: xspringies source: dh-make-template-in-source debian/emacsen-install.ex
W: xspringies source: dh-make-template-in-source debian/emacsen-remove.ex
W: xspringies source: dh-make-template-in-source debian/emacsen-startup.ex
W: xspringies source: dh-make-template-in-source debian/ex.doc-base.package
W: xspringies source: dh-make-template-in-source debian/init.d.ex
W: xspringies source: dh-make-template-in-source debian/manpage.1.ex
W: xspringies source: dh-make-template-in-source debian/menu.ex
W: xspringies source: dh-make-template-in-source debian/postinst.ex
W: xspringies source: dh-make-template-in-source debian/postrm.ex
W: xspringies source: dh-make-template-in-source debian/preinst.ex
W: xspringies source: dh-make-template-in-source debian/prerm.ex
W: xspringies source: dh-make-template-in-source debian/watch.ex
E: xspringies source: package-uses-debhelper-but-lacks-build-depends
N:
N:   If a package uses debhelper, it must declare a Build-Depends on
N:   debhelper.
N:
[eric@femto:~]$

Also, do you plan to become a Debian developer and look for a sponsor or is it
just a package you hand us ? Wouls you like to see it in the oficial Debian
distribution ? If the latter, please file a RFP against the pseudo-package
wnpp (see http://bugs.debian.org/wnpp). When your package is OK, I'd be happy
to maintain it.

Cheers,

Eric.