Re: Hi

> My name is Faust Tanasescu, and I would be interrested in becoming a Debian
> developer.

Cool, but be aware that this is a process that takes some time.  You won't
be able to decide to join today and start uploading packages tomorrow.  It
will take several months at least to become a fully fledged developer.

> Well, now I'd like to know what I should start with in order to package my
> first application and put it in the unstable tree.

You should already know this.  A prospective developer should be familiar
with debian packaging as well as Debian's general operating procedures.

Everything you need to know is on the web.

Read the developer documentation: http://www.debian.org/devel

Especially read the Policy Manual, Developer's Reference, and New Maintainer's
Guide.

When you're ready to join, information about becomming a new maintainer
is available at the New Maintainer's Corner, http://nm.debian.org.

In the mean time, you can start packaging applications for your own use.
If you have specific questions about how do do this, post this, but
general "what do I do?" questions are better answered by the documentation.

Your packages may be included in Debian's unstable even before you become
a developer if you can find a sponser.  More information about the
sponsership program is available on the web, uh, somewhere, you can find
it.

Eric