Hi

Hi,

My name is Faust Tanasescu, and I would be interrested in becoming a Debian developer. I have a faily good C/C++ knowledge and I enjoy almost everything Linux/Open-source related as far as usage and some coding goes.

I've started using Slackware two years ago, then I've moved to RedHat, and finally, four months ago I've started playing w/ Debian. I am pretty impressed of how well the packaging system works, and I'd like to contribute with some packages to the Debian distribution, and/or maybe patching these programs I am going to package so it better integrates with the Debian system, that is to say I am ready to spend some seriuos time coding/mangling my packages so they are top-quality, like all the other debian packages.

I will have LOTS of spare time starting with June 1st, 2001, as I'm entering long-waited vacations for two and a half months. I'm pretty motivated, I have some knowledge and I'm willing to produce something top-quality, and in a way, to thank everyone who believes in the Open-Source developement model by my contributions. And maybe making myself a name in the open-source world would not be bad at all :PP

Well, now I'd like to know what I should start with in order to package my first application and put it in the unstable tree.

Thanks for your time!
Faust A. Tanasescu