Re: Need help on Unlicensed packages (Themes)

On Mon, 28 May 2001 21:57:30 +1000
Daniel Stone <daniel@kabuki.openfridge.net> wrote:

|On Mon, May 28, 2001 at 01:31:14PM +0100, Colin Fowler wrote:
|> No Readme - no License - no Copyright. I just took them all, put them together
|> Copyright:
|> Each theme remains the copyright of its respective authors.
|
|Hi Colin,
|I don't have specific reference here, but AFAIK you need specific copyright
|and licensing from the upstream authors. paranoia was pulled from bsdgames
|because of an ambiguous license/copyright (it was more or less taken from a
|magazine article). So, I suggest contacting the upstream authors and asking
|for a license and copyright.
|
|Good luck!
|:) d

Ackk I suspected as much - What sort of License do you put a theme under tho?
Its just pictures - Just so I can suggest to these guys if they are confused over
which to pick - If they mail be back saying - "Dude no License - just use the damn things!"
I suppose I can stick in "Public domain" :)

	Colin