Re: Problem with temporary package build directory removal

On Fri, May 25, 2001 at 12:49:31PM +0200, Alwyn Schoeman wrote:

> I'm sorry, I meant dh_clean do not remove this directory.  So if package is
> foo, then the build process would create debian/foo and install all the
> files in that directory tree.  Upon dh_clean it should remove debian/foo,
> but it doesn't.  If it was called debian/tmp it seems to work, but then I
> need to add -Pdebian/tmp to most dh_* commands in debian/rules.

Do you have:

export DH_COMPAT=3

in your rules file? I adopted a package that didn't and found it tried to
work in debian/tmp , but when I added the above to the top of my rules file
it started using debian/package_name .

--
Harry Henry Gebel
West Dover Hundred, Delaware