Re: dh_installinit and dh_installkpatches questions.

On Wed, May 23, 2001 at 12:18:18PM +0530, Viral wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am packaging mosix, which is a cluster computing tool which does fault
> tolerance, load balancing and process migration.
>
> It comes as 2 kernel patches. One is a standard kernel patch which I handle
> with dh_installkpatches. The other is a tar file, which has to be untarred
> in /usr/src/linux.
>
> Can I handle this too with dh_installkpatches ? How otherwise would be a good
> way to do it ? Currently, I just have a note in README.Debian to do it
> manually.

dh_installkpatches can't do this - does it have to be untarred? Why can't
you just make up a diff, and apply that with dh_installkpatches?

:) d

BTW, for kernel-patch-ulog, there was no straight-out diff, so I had to
apply it via patch-o-matic, and diff it against a clean source tree.

--
Daniel Stone		<daniel@kabuki.openfridge.net> <daniel@kabuki.sfarc.net>