Re: Creating man pages (upstream does not have one)

hi,

On Thu, May 10, 2001 at 09:42:51PM +0200, Jérôme Marant wrote:
>   I would recommend to write them in the POD (Plain Old Documentation)
>   format which makes it very seasy to write/update a man page.
>   (see http://qa.debian.org/man-pages.html for pointers to documentations).

haven't dealt with it but i saw some examples and wasn't that
conviced ...

>   I would NOT recommend to use the native manpage format (nroff) nor the
>   DocBook SGML format since writing a manpage with them is rather
>   respectively confusing/painful, IMHO.

plain wrong ... nroff is not hard or something like that, read
the manpage howto and you know how to do it and there is also
plenty of stuff about it lying around ... and i did a rather
lengthy manpage with the an macro package and it was all but not
a pain ... if *roff is a pain why do people use latex, eh? ...
anyway, i don't consider it difficult, just different ... and an
easy manpage is written in a few minutes.

so long
Othmar