Re: Creating man pages (upstream does not have one)

Y el jueves 10 de mayo, Eduardo Trapani escribió:

> The software I am packaging does not have a man page.
>
> What programs should I use to create one?
>
> Thanks, Eduardo.

My suggestion:
Use perldoc, you will write a txt file like this and you will get a
pretty manpage with only one command:

glade manpage source [only some lines]:
----------------- cut -------------------
=head1 NAME

glade - Rapid Development Application tool using Gtk+/Gnome libraries.

=head1 SYNOPSIS

  glade [OPTION...]

=head1 DESCRIPTION

Glade is an application for creating graphical user interfaces that use the
Gtk+ and GNOME libraries.  Glade allows you to rapidly develope these
interfaces, and can create source code in a variety of languages that will
construct the interfaces for you. Glade can also be used in conjunction with
libglade to dynamically create user interfaces from the XML description file
that Glade creates.

=head1 OPTIONS

=over 4

=item B<--disable-sound>

Disable sound server use.

=back

=head1 FILES

=head2 The Glade XML File Format

TheGlade XML file format is used when saving and loading projects in Glade.
This format is also intended to be read by programs which convert it into
source code in various languages.

=head1 CAVEATS

Here are some notes about problems which may be encountered when using Glade.

=over 4

=item <Some properties can not be set>

Some properties which can only be set when a widget is created or before it is
realized.

e.g. window - wmclass, wmname

image - type & visual (mentioned above)
clist/ctree - number of columns

=back

=head1 SEE ALSO

To obtain more information about Glade please visit L<http://glade.gnome.org>.

=head1 COPYRIGHT

This package is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it
under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the
Free Software Foundation; version 2 dated June, 1991.

=head1 AUTHORS

  Damon Chaplin <damon@helixcode.com>
  Martijn van Beers <martijn@earthling.net>

command to obtain glade.1:

pod2man -r '' -c '' glade.pod>glade.1

HTH
Saludos

--
   O /  >O >O >O >O         O / O / O / O /  >O  Luis Arocha, "Data"
    \                        \   \   \   \       Islas Canarias
      \                        \   \   \   \     Spain