Re: How many kernels to assume

On Sat, Mar 24, 2001 at 01:45:05PM +0100, Martin Albert wrote:
> I've send to the wrong adress, here it is to the list again:
>
> Thanks Matt Zimmermann for your kind and reassuring answers.
>
> For a summary see his answers. I couldn't express better.
>
> I'm planning to use debconf as soon as it has settled somewhat.
>
> Open are the questions:
>  - How to find out that debconf is installed and usable?
>  - Is it ok to put low priority messages to stdout without a prompt?

If you use debconf, depend on it (eg Depends: debconf)

You don't control what gets printed per se, you just assign priorities
to your messages and the sysadmin sets the priority according to what
he/she wants to see. Generally, if you give it low priority, a lot of
people will never see it, because they choose not to.

Gordon Sadler