PHP library policies...

I was wondering if there was a standard policy regarding libraries of
php routines; those dependent upon a given version of php and those
independent.  Where do I place the files in a library package for
php4:
        /usr/{share|lib}/<package>
        /usr/{share|lib}/php<version>/<package>

I intend on packaging the PHP4 library ADODB[1], an LGPL library
standard database framework in conjunction with packaging the Analysis
Console for Intrusion Databases (ACID)[2]. ACID is a GPLv2, PHP-based
analysis engine to search and process a database of incidents
generated by security-related software such as IDSes and firewalls
(e.g. Snort, ipchains).

I will be packaging the latest Beta of ACID because I don't want to
use be forced to use MySQL, only DB supported by ACID in it's current
stable release; pre-ADODB addition.

Also a question of naming.  Should I name ADODB something along the
lines of libadodb-php4 (seems most logical to me).  ACID could
probably keep its name, or take something along the lines of what the
author uses for his homepage (snortacid) or his sourceforge project
(acidlab).  Perhaps I should ask him. ;-)

Don't worry, I'll go through the standard channels before ITP'ing this
software.  I just want a head start so I can package it for my own use
first. ;-)