Re: dh_installman and X11 apps

Wouter de Vries writes:

> so now I put the X11 app in /usr/bin (shame on me!)..

see policy 12.8:

     _Packages using the X Window System should abide by the FHS standard
     whenever possible_; they should install binaries, libraries, manual
     pages, and other files in FHS-mandated locations wherever possible.
     This means that files must not be installed into `/usr/X11R6/bin/',
     `/usr/X11R6/lib/', or `/usr/X11R6/man/' unless this is necessary for
     the package to operate properly. [...]

--
things change.
decklin@red-bean.com