NEWS file suddenly small - ok to keep?

The new upstream version of teh software I package no longer has a
proper NEWS file - it now simply refers the reader to the web page.
There are (surprise...) two options:

 - taking it out: now there's suddenly no longer a NEWS file, while
users might be used to it
 - leaving it in: now there's a NEWS file that doesn't really contain
news...

I've decided to go with the second option... this strikes me as a kind
of non-issue really, I expect someone will tell me "just do what you
feel is right", but while I'm still "finding my feet" I guess I'm overly
careful to do *the right thing*.

Hugo van der Merwe

--
GPG encrypted mail preferred.
1024D/60715698: 5F2E 8EC2 E0A4 5D25 0569  F281 4A6C D76D 6071 5698