Re: Wierd PETSc build behavior...

Julian Gilbey wrote:

> I asked about the wrong variable.  The -L{MPI_HOME} seems to be
> expanded from one of the following three: ${EXTERNAL_LIB}
> ${LAPACK_LIB} ${BLAS_LIB}.  What are their definitions?  Can you run
> make with lots and lots of debugging?  Can you search all of your
> makefiles for '-L{MPI_HOME}' and see whether there's a typo somewhere?

Oh my, you're right.  EXTERNAL_LIB has MPE_LIB, which has the typo.  I'm so embarassed, what
a lame debugger I am!  (And how much lamer to blame this on the toolchain!)

Thank you.

Julian Gilbey wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 28, 2001 at 06:04:42PM -0500, Adam C Powell IV wrote:
> > I see.  So something has changed recently in unstable such that braces don't always work
> > any more?  I usually use parentheses myself, but upstream has braces all over the place-
> > I assumed they were interchangable (okay, so I'm a "make" newbie :-).
>
> No.

Hmm, the text you gave doesn't contradict interchangability, and the section Steve quoted
(fourteen minutes after your post) seems to indicate "Yes."  So I think I'll leave them in.

Thank you both!

-Adam P.