Re: package naming

IMO the best name is the one that does the best job of expressing what it's
called without being so generic as to cause potential name conflict. I'd
personally go with libmetakit, with -dev, -tcl, -python if you split it up.
In general the version number isn't in the package name unless there's some
pressing need to be able to install multiple versions at the same time, so
hopefully libmetakit4 or 40 won't be necessary.

On Mon, Feb 12, 2001 at 04:30:32PM +0100, Ove Kaaven <ovek@arcticnet.no> spake forth: