Re: ITP bug closing

* Gustavo Noronha Silva (KoV) <dockov@zaz.com.br> [20010127 03:10]:
> > Or 81745-done@bugs.debian.org, with an explanation in the text.
> ok, I did what Martin said, with subjet "already uploaded"...
> I thought it was not the right solution, cause I read it in
> some doc, that one should avoid using the email way of closing
> bugs... thanks =)

Yes, closing a bug with the control@bugs.debian.org method is usually
a bad thing, but ITP bugs are special cases because usually the bug
submitter and the one closing the bug is the same person.

If you had forgotten to put in a "Closes: #" for a real bug in your
package, then you should have sent a message to nnnn-done@bugs saying
that the bug was fixed (possibly including the changes file) so the
submitter would get a message.
--
Martin Michlmayr
tbm@cyrius.com