Re: How to sponsor someone and upload a sponsored package?

On 00-09-14 Peter Palfrader wrote:

> > The person who signs the changes file gets mailed
> > My sponsor when I was in the queue would forward me the mails from
> > dinstall/ftp-master, yours probably did this as well

> Hmm. Nope, Shorty did the signing and upload, however this mail went
> directly to me:

Because, I didn't use dpkg-buildpackage -m"maintainer" which sets the
maintainer address for the upload but used -k"maintainer" which just
defines which key should be used for the signature. So I just sign the
packages, that they will be accepted by dinstall but do not change the
maintainer in the control or changelog file. This is in my opinion the
better solution for the new maintainer. I still check the packages and
make sure that they are alright and comply with with policy, but so the
new maintainer already has some responsibility.

Ciao
     Christian
--
          Debian Developer and Quality Assurance Team Member