How to sponsor someone and upload a sponsored package?

Hi,

I just try to sponsor Michael Piefel, who is in the NM
process.  He build successfully the package kimwitu++ and I
uploaded the package, but it disappeared somehow.  I think I
missed something important :-)

Is there a page on www.debian.org that tells me what I have
to do to sponsor Michael and upload his package so that it
goes into unstable?  Thanks for any hint!

Btw, I hope that Michael becomes an official developer soon,
because he said, he would takeover kimwitu (w/o '++') from
me also!

Cheers,
--
W. Borgert <debacle@debian.org>