Re: How to deal with lintian "E: missing shlibs information"

In Thu, 21 Dec 2000 18:20:11 +0100 Domenico Andreoli <cavok@filibusta.crema.unimi.it> cum veritate scripsit :

> hi! :)

Hello,

> > I'm building a python bindings file with ecasound, and I've decided I'd call it
> > python-ecasound just like other python binding packages...
> >
> does it provides shared libraries or modules that maybe loaded runtime?

I have no clue... I really don't know how python bindings work.

> > What should I put in there.
> >
> please read the packaging manual in the developer's corner online, it is a good
> thing and you have to feel comfortable with it. :)

The thing I want to know is, that it is a "libpyecasound.so",
and it doesn't have the numbers after it.

So, for :
           <library-name> <version-or-soname> <dependencies ...>
What do I put in for "version-or-soname" ?

> > What really makes me confused is the fact other python packages do not
> > seem to have this error generated from lintian, and yet they do not seem
> > to have the shlibs file either.
> >
> do they provide libraries or plugins?

I have no idea, but I guess they are dlopened by python (i.e. plugin?)

regards,
	junichi

--
University: ti0113@mail4.doshisha.ac.jp    Netfort: dancer@netfort.gr.jp