Re: Having ssh support non-US?

Hi,

In 12 Dec 2000 16:15:35 +0100 Tollef Fog Heen <tollef@add.no> cum veritate scripsit :

> | It would be a non-problem if ssh provided rsh.
>
> It does, kind of:
>
> $ls -l /etc/alternatives/rsh
> lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           12 nov 17 16:23 \
> /etc/alternatives/rsh -> /usr/bin/ssh*

Hmmm ? Where is this ? Oh yes, I've just noticed. ssh has been updated

> how about having mpich depending on rsh | ssh, and then using the link
> in alternatives?

No, the right way will be the package providing rsh having a "Provides: rsh"
in its description.

A bug report is due, I think.

> | Now, what about a package in main depending upon non-US/main.
>
> it shouldn't.

So, I can't just do it.
The cleanest solution seems to be having ssh to provide an alternative.

regards,
	junichi

--
University: ti0113@mail4.doshisha.ac.jp    Netfort: dancer@netfort.gr.jp