Re: Having ssh support non-US?

In Tue, 12 Dec 2000 08:41:55 -0500 Adam C Powell IV <hazelsct@mit.edu> cum veritate scripsit :

> > Hi,
> >
> > I am packaging mpich, and to fix the outstanding wishlist bug, I have created binaries which
> > call "ssh" instead of "rsh".
>
> It seems this will slow things down a LOT, and considering MPI is usually used for
> high-performance computing, I wouldn't make this standard behavior.

No, it won't slow down very much. It's just an issue of executing the program.
I don't really understand why people would want to use ssh, but since ssh is
completely valid, and upstream has started supporting this "feature",
I decided I would like to make a binary which uses this new feature.

Installing mpich would use rsh, and mpich-ssh would use ssh.

It would be a non-problem if ssh provided rsh.

> > My best guess is that just being able to execute a file named "ssh" is not enough.
>
> I'm pretty sure your best guess is right.

Now, what about a package in main depending upon non-US/main.

I thought the agreement was that non-US/main is in fact "main", but I am
pretty vague.

regards,
	junichi

--