Re: Having ssh support non-US?

Junichi Uekawa wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I am packaging mpich, and to fix the outstanding wishlist bug, I have created binaries which
> call "ssh" instead of "rsh".

It seems this will slow things down a LOT, and considering MPI is usually used for
high-performance computing, I wouldn't make this standard behavior.

You might look into making it work with kerberos4kth's krsh/krshd for strong authentication
without the encryption overhead.  Unless you really need all communication to be encrypted
(doing classified computations on an untrusted network? :-).

There's also heimdal's rsh/rshd.

> I am not sure at all about the current situation surrounding crypto.
> Does being able to execute ssh belong to non-US ?

> My best guess is that just being able to execute a file named "ssh" is not enough.

I'm pretty sure your best guess is right.

-Adam P.