unattandend maintainer(s) - what do I do?

Hi!

Just in case that I have detected an unattandend maintainer
who hasn't fixed bugs at least for half a year and never
answeres to direct mails ( have been waiting for an answere
now more than a month ), what should I do?

I am really interested in fixing that outstanding bugs and
I would like to continue that package, but I don't want to
steal the package. (I am in the NM queue awaiting DAM approval
and account creation)

--
kind regards,
Michael Moerz