jove Package - what to do?

Hi.

I've built a new jove-package, that now matches the current standards,
i also added some debhelper functions, a beginners menu, activated the
recovery-function, and fixed the Bug that stops it from working on the
Hurd.

The current maintainer (Loic Prylli) doesn't respond and hasn't
touched the package since 11 Nov 1998 (see also mailx), but the
package isn't orphaned, or given for adoption...

i would like to take this package over. I've already applied as New
Maintainer.

so how should i proceed?

Cord