Re: Contact?

Hello you waiting NMs :)

On Mon, Nov 20, 2000 at 03:17:59PM +0100, Michael Moerz wrote:
> I know someone who has been waiting really long, whereas some other
> friend of mine was taking through very quickly. Personally I am currently
> also becoming a DD, and my initial contact was made after 40 days or so.
Just a hint: If you want to do anything for Debian, you don't require to
be an "official developer".

Just take a look into the Bug Tracking System, fix some bugs and send the
patches to the maintainers.

If you do so, you learn much about the debian packaging system and if you
tell that the New-Maintainers-Managers they normally will accept your
application *really* fast (not by policy but according to what people say).

bye,

 -christian-

--
Christian Hammers    WESTEND GmbH - Aachen und Dueren     Tel 0241/701333-0
ch@westend.com     Internet & Security for Professionals    Fax 0241/911879