Re: Contact?

On Mon, 20 Nov 2000, stramiello wrote:

> How long does it take after submitting my info to the webpage until I hear
> from an AM? Just curious since its been a few weeks...

Be patient please Front Desk people assign your application to an AM.
That may take some time. Then AM will contact you when he/she has got
the time.

I know someone who has been waiting really long, whereas some other
friend of mine was taking through very quickly. Personally I am currently
also becoming a DD, and my initial contact was made after 40 days or so.

If you want to see numbers about how long it will take, have a look at
webpage at nm.debian.org. There are statistics about how long it takes
in average means.

Everything takes it's time and everybody here is doing his/her work in
the spare time he/she has got. So please be patient cause you will have
your turn. Perhaps it would be a good idea to prepare the things that
are required in the meantime if you didn't prepare them already.

If you are so trembling that you can't await to put some packages out,
then perhaps looking for a sponsor is a good idea (yes debian-mentors is
the right place to do that).

--
kind regards,
Michael Moerz