Re: *-config scripts go where?

MoiN

On Mon, Nov 06, 2000 at 10:20:07AM +0900, Junichi Uekawa wrote:
> Logically thinking they belong to *-dev packages, or if needed at runtime,
> in lib* packages.

Those *-config scripts I know of are only needed to compile
packages. So they should go into *-dev.

> However some people put it in *-runtime package, and regarding the policy
> it seems like putting an executable in a *-dev is not favored.

Those *-config scripts started appearing with gtk, if I am
correct. The policy is not up to date with the latest library
environments. I doubt anyone would object to put the *-config
files into the *-dev package. Maybe the policy needs an update to
reflect these new practise.

    Ingo
--
<PRE>      _