*-config scripts go where?

Hello world,

I have been looking at packages, and I am wondering where those
gtk-config/gnome-config etc. scripts should go.

Logically thinking they belong to *-dev packages, or if needed at runtime,
in lib* packages.

However some people put it in *-runtime package, and regarding the policy
it seems like putting an executable in a *-dev is not favored.

Anyone give me any ideas ?

*-config scripts are the scripts which give out information on where the libraries are
installed, and what C flags are required, so that one will only need to, for example, do

gcc `gtk-config --cflags --libs` some_gtk_code.c -o some_gtk_code

instead of loads of -Ls and other things.

regards,
	junichi

--
University: ti0113@mail4.doshisha.ac.jp    Netfort: dancer@netfort.gr.jp