Re: help making packages

Try to gzip it. I get the same error when i decompress my source.
Strange error message though, maybe apt is only trying to fetch
Sources.gz, but then complaints about 'Sources'?

[alfs@sa-pc]:~/alfredsson.org/debian> gzip -d Sources.gz
[alfs@sa-pc]:~/alfredsson.org/debian> sudo apt-get update |grep Fail
Failed to fetch http://alfredsson.org/debian/Sources
  404 Not Found
E: Some index files failed to download, they have been ignored, or old
ones used instead.
[alfs@sa-pc]:~/alfredsson.org/debian> gzip Sources
[alfs@sa-pc]:~/alfredsson.org/debian> sudo apt-get update |grep Fail
[alfs@sa-pc]:~/alfredsson.org/debian>

You might find my Makefile useful:

all: packages sources

packages:
        -cd .. &&  dpkg-scanpackages debian debian/override |gzip -9 > debian/Packages.gz

sources:
        -cd .. &&  dpkg-scansources debian | gzip -9 > debian/Sources.gz

Regards,
 Stefan

Quoting Christian T. Steigies <cts@debian.org> [001107 14:15]:

--