Re: A case for Pre-Depends?

Wouldn't this be a case where you want to use recommend?

(Taken from the Maint-guide):

Recommends:

Dselect will not install your package unless the packages it
recommends are installed. Dpkg and APT should let you do it, though. Use
this for packages that are not strictly necessary but are typically used
with your program.

>From what I read, libicu16 doesn't really need icu to work, but the
libraries just aren't really useful.

Ron