Re: Installed ld.so.preload-manager 0.3.2-2 (source i386)

On Tue, 29 Aug 2000, Cosimo Alfarano wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 28, 2000 at 03:30:06PM -0400, Ben Collins wrote:
>
> EHLO,
> I post this msg here from -devel for a nm dubt.
>
> > >  ld.so.preload-manager (0.3.2-2) unstable; urgency=low
> > >  .
> > >    * Closes:#70398
> > I've noticed sort of a trend here lately. Changelog entries are getting
> > more and more ambiguous. Can this stop please? Descriptions and specifics
> > in changelogs are never a bad thing. This sort of entry is of little use
> > and might as well be removed completely.
>
> from wnpp doc I read:
>
> ***
> Of course, the easiest way of closing bugs is to include the appropiate
> entry on the changelog and append '(Closes: bug#nnnnn)' to it. In this
> way, the bug will be closed at the time the new package gets installed
> into the archive.
> ***
>
> from it I can understand that changelog is parsed when installed on the
> archive.

Actually the relevant changelog entries are in the .changes file which is
what gets parsed.

> So what's the best way to write a changelog?
> In my opinion is to write somethins like:
>
> * Closes:#9999
>   A question on BTS parser
> * other changes ...
>
> does it works?

I think it should though I tend to do it the other way around

* A question on BTS parser (Closes: #9999)

> What about the syntax? is it space|case sensitive?
> Closes: bug#9999
> Closes:#9999

I don't have it available right now to chek but I believe the developers
reference contains the exact regular expression used for this.

--
Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar@debian.org>