Re: first upload problem

On Thu, Jul 20, 2000 at 04:43:28PM -0400, Dan Nguyen wrote:

> master is not the correct place to upload packages.  If you would read
> the motd when you login to master you will get the following:
<Snip>

> Change your dupload.conf the correct directory to upload to is
> /org/ftp.debian.org/incoming

master is the correct place for uploading the packages. The old
incoming directory has been soft-linked to point to
/org/ftp.debian.org/incoming. So you don't need to change the incoming
enrty in your dupload.conf. My incoming entry for master is set to:

incoming => "/home/Debian/ftp/private/project/Incoming/"

> Also it is not wise to upload via ftp, as it send your password as
> plain text.  Auric (ftp-master) does have a ftpd running, but the best
> method is to use scp instead.

This may be the real problem. If I recall correctly, I think I had to
switch to scp a while ago, otherwise package upload was not
allowed. Put a

method => "scpb"

entry in your $cfg{master} in dupload.conf. That ought to take care of
it. Before that, you might try ssh'ing to master.debian.org to verify
that your password does work.

HTH.

--
Gopal Narayanan <gopal@debian.org> <gopal@astro.umass.edu>