Re: How to convince debuild to produce the .diff.gz?
- To: Shaul Karl <email@example.com>
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: How to convince debuild to produce the .diff.gz?
- From: Julian Gilbey <J.D.Gilbey@qmw.ac.uk>
- Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2000 01:17:39 +0100
- Message-id: <20000709011739.B20543@polya>
- In-reply-to: <E13Asop-0000Nn-00@rakefet>; from email@example.com on Sat, Jul 08, 2000 at 02:30:43PM +0300
- References: <E13Asop-0000Nn-00@rakefet>
On Sat, Jul 08, 2000 at 02:30:43PM +0300, Shaul Karl wrote:
> I have packaged TkMan and the deb seems to work. However I am not getting a
> .diff.gz file. Instead, I am told by dpkg-buildpackage that it is a
> Debian-specific package. Which is not, of course.
> I have unpacked the src, created a debian dir, have the right files (as far as
> I Know) in it and run debuild. What am I doing wrong?
Is your version number of the form <upstream version>-<debian revision>,
for example 3.1-4? Without the hyphen, it will be treated as a Debian
Julian Gilbey, Dept of Maths, QMW, Univ. of London. J.D.Gilbey@qmw.ac.uk
Debian GNU/Linux Developer, see http://www.debian.org/~jdg
Donate free food to the world's hungry: see http://www.thehungersite.com/