Re: How to convince debuild to produce the .diff.gz?

> On Sat, Jul 08, 2000 at 02:30:43PM +0300, Shaul Karl wrote:
> > I have packaged TkMan and the deb seems to work. However I am not getting a
> > .diff.gz file. Instead, I am told by dpkg-buildpackage that it is a
> > Debian-specific package. Which is not, of course.
> >
> > I have unpacked the src, created a debian dir, have the right files (as far as
> > I Know) in it and run debuild. What am I doing wrong?
>
> Do you have ../package_upstreamversion.orig.tar.gz ?

debuild does not create it. It is creating ../package_upstreamversion-debversio
n.tar.gz.
To be more specific, I start with tkman.tar.gz, untar it into the tkman-2.1 dir, create tkman-2.1/debian, have it contains the debian files, modify tkman-2.1/Makefile and run debuild.
As a result I am getting .dsc, .deb, -1.tar.gz and .changes in the parent dir of tkman-2.1. No .orig.tar.gz and no .diff.gz.
Actually, how debuild should determine the diffs? How it can deduce what the original src is?
--

	--  Shaul Karl <shaulk@israsrv.net.il>