how to register plugins ?

What is the best way to register netscape plugins with installation of
a package? This would be information of the type

Mime-type: application/x-oz-application
Suffix: oza
Application: /usr/bin/ozengine %s

Having this pluging installed automatically would be nice since my package
comes with documentation where you can start a demo by clicking in the
documentation, once the plugin is registered.

Related question: In this case the documentaion package should recommend
some netscape. What is the generic package name for netscape that I should
use for this dependency?

Ralf.