RE: apt-speed; a new deb...?

On Thu, 06 Jul 2000, Sean 'Shaleh' Perry wrote:
> On 03-Jul-2000 erik wrote:
> >
> > Hello all,
> >
> >  I have just made a little (sort of silly actually) app that updates the
> > list of sites in /etc/sources.list. Its not really a big deal but it
> > works and is in relatively rudimentary .deb form. I have installed and
> > used it on my machines and it works so I thought I would see if anybody
> > wants it now...
> >  anyone interested?
> >

> a) get Jason (apt author) to include it in apt
> b) package it for debian properly and upload it if you are a debian developer
 Thanks for responding.

 I don't think it belongs in apt; some people might find it annoying and
it has a dialog(1) front end... but I have already made a deb out of it. I
suppose that makes me a debian developer (loosely defined) but somehow I
think there must be some more protocols to follow or some such, eh?

I'll send a note to Jason.

regards,
erik