Please process the Chinese new maintainers' application ASAP

Hello!

I have been wondering:  Could the Chinese new developers currently
in the NM queue be given priority to be processed first?
Specifically:

	Yu Guanghui    (from China)
	Chuan-kai Lin  (from Taiwan)
	Roger So       (from Hong Kong)

The reason is that, for the past few months, I have been the only
official Debian developers to work on the Debian Chinese Project.
While others have helped greatly, since they do not have access to
Debian resources, their efforts are severely limited.

As Debian 2.2 is to be released in July, I would really like to use
this opportunity to help promote Debian in China, Taiwan, and Hong
Kong, since the Chinese support in Debian 2.2 is much better than that
in 2.1, where Chinese support was essentially non-existent.

I am a Chinese Debian developer living in Canada, and there is
currently no Debian developers from China or Taiwan.  There is one in
Hong Kong, Anthony Wong, but he is currently unavailable due to job
commitments.  That is one of the major reasons why Debian is used by so
few people in Hong Kong and Taiwan, and even much less in Mainland
China.

I would really love to see more Chinese people using and enjoying Debian.
I would really love to see Debian succeed in China, Taiwan and HK.
But I can't do it alone.  My skills and time are very limited indeed.

Is there any possibility that Guanghui, Chuan-kai and Roger's new
maintainer applications be processed as soon as possible?  I would
really love their help on integrating more Chinese support into the
main Debian.  I can personally testify their contributions:

   * Yu Guanghui is the upstream author of the Debian package
     "zh-autoconvert".  He is also packaging some essential Chinese
     input software like ZhWinPro and Chinput.

   * Roger So: He has already packaged "locale-zh-hk" for testing.
     He is also the upstream author of the zh_HK.Big5HKSCS locale.
     As well, he packaged a commercial demo package "qcode" input
     method as a Debian package.  (He wished he could have convinced
     his boss to release it as open source.  :-)

   * Chuan-kai Lin: He has already translated the www.debian.org/Bugs
     web pages into Chinese, as well as refining other translated
     pages.  He is also instrumental in providing part of a security
     patch for cce-0.36-1.1.  (Also thanks to Fumitoshi UKAI-san
     who provided the main patch.)

All three individuals are active participants on the Debian Chinese
mailing list, and have contributed lots of valuable software, ideas and
support.  They have already proven themselves to be excellent future
Debian developers.

Let us work together to spread the gospel of Debian GNU/Linux to all
corners of the earth.  :-)

Thank you for your considerations.

Cheers,

Anthony Fok <foka@debian.org>
Debian developer, and Debian Chinese Project lead developer

--
Anthony Fok Tung-Ling                Civil and Environmental Engineering
foka@ualberta.ca, foka@debian.org    University of Alberta, Canada