changelog, bugs, source NMU

My sponsor is on a holyday, so you get this....

My question is about debian/changelog.

1.
First, should it only mention releases that are actually
included into debian?

I am the upstream author of solfege, and the tarball includes
the debian/ subdirectory. So each release I add a entry to the
debian/changelog file, so .debs are built with the correct
version. (Even if that version is not uploaded to incoming.)

2.
Right now version 0.7.10-2 is included in debian, and a source
NMU is just uploaded. I am working on 0.7.14, and has included the
same bugfixes as the NMU. Should I copy-and-paste the changelog
into the real changelog, or maybe include a (closes: #nnnnn) to
version 0.7.14 when that is uploaded by my sponsor?

Tom Cato