Re: [boot-floppies] `mke2fs' and new Linux 2.2 ext2 features ?

karlheg@bittersweet.inetarena.com (Karl M. Hegbloom) writes:
>  I see this as an argument for leaving the question in; that is, don't
>  make it a `verbose'-mode only question.  I would like it to default
>  to the 2.2 kernel case, but offer the compat mode.

I disagree.  I would assent to change the default and the "severity"
of the question if you can point out how the particular e2fs options
in question are in fact very important to retain.

Since no one has done this, I can only assume that no one knows or
cares about the particular options, and thus, it hurts very few to
leave them out.