Re: [boot-floppies] `mke2fs' and new Linux 2.2 ext2 features ?

On Sun, 30 January 2000 14:03:33 +1100, Brian May wrote:

>     Karl>  `potato' will come with a 2.2.x kernel.  Why would anyone
>     Karl> want to run a 2.0 kernel with it?
>
> Because you have a computer that wont reliably run 2.2.x without
> crashing?

You are a minority. I don't care about 2.0.x and everyone
not updating is the expert since he knows what he needs. You
cannot tell me the default when upgrading will be 2.0 when
2.4 is out in some weeks / months. That's not reasonable.

Even if it works the average Linux user is upgrading from
time to time, because it's Linux. ;-) (if it ain't broke we
fix it)

Alexander,
who has heard of two ppl stating 2.2.x crashed in about a year
only in dozens of newsgroups