Re: Mp3 encoders

On Sun, Jan 23, 2000 at 05:35:33PM +0100, Jordi wrote:
> Also in the WNPP, I saw one app I wanted to package 6 months ago, aterm.
> It's listed under "work in progress" by Samuel Hocevar (sam@via.ecp.fr), 228
> days in Creation. I remember he told me he was going to package this for
> potato, but didn't know anything else about this, and now this package is
> lost for frozen. What should be done in these cases?

Jordi, I wanted to package aterm as well -- but Samuel beat me to it. The
problem is, he is not a debian developer, so he can't upload it. I have
just contented myself with putting this in my /etc/apt/sources.list:
deb http://www.via.ecp.fr/~sam/ debian/

And that is enough for me to be able to get the latest version from Samuel,
whenever he makes one available.

It is too bad that the only transparent-term built into debian is Eterm,
because that thing sucks more than twice as much memory and runs slower, but
when I am helping my friends set up their computers, I ensure they get that
line, and we all get our nice transparent terms without all the overhead,
and without breaking the debian packaging system by throwing it into local.

HTH

Hate spam? See http://maps.vix.com/rbl/ for help
Hi! I'm a .signature virus! Copy me into
your ~/.signature to help me spread!