Re: Mp3 encoders

On Sat, Jan 08, 2000 at 01:23:15PM +0100, Martin Schulze wrote:
> Jordi Mallach wrote:
> > The other day I was wondering why there aren't any Mp3 encoders in the
> > distribution. Is there any law that prevents us from including them?
>
> There are patent issues that prevent their inclusion, iirc.

There are patent issues, but I fail to see why they would prevent their
inclusion in non-us which resides in the Netherlands.

The subject has been discussed before, without clear conclusions. You
could make a package and upload it to non-us. Then see what happens.

--
The idea is that the first face shown to people is one they can readily
accept - a more traditional logo. The lunacy element is only revealed