Re: Phone call to become debian maintainer

Glenn -- I am not a maintainer, but the way I read it... the afterhours
phone call is made from whoever is close to you. There are several
developers in australia, so likely one of them would call you up to talk for
a bit.

The reason why doing it over the phone is a good idea is that people have a
harder time lying over the phone -- in person is the most difficult time to
lie. The whole point of it isn't to ensure competancy, well, maybe it is,
but also to prevent those who would rather the free software movement do
poorly from joining the organization, where they might be able to do much
more damage.

Or at least, that was my impression upon reading the web page. :)