Re: prevent a porter from going crazy...

On Thu, 7 Oct 1999, Christian T. Steigies wrote:

> I invested many hours in porting the non-free package snes9x to m68k.
> Last week I (thought I) succeeded in makeing it compile for both m68k and
> i386, and it should also be buildable for other arches now.
> Packages for m68k are ready, source also, and it builds fine on my
> i386/slink box.
> Before uploading source and debs, I tried to build on pandora (i386/potato),
> faure (alpha/potato) and kubrick (sparc/potato), and all three arches failed
> to build! With the same error...
> I tried to build the original source package on potato, it failed also, with
> the same error. (if you want to see the error, log on any of these, read
> cts/logs/snes9x*)
Good hint from Roman btw, it built successfully on systems with glibc2.0, it
failed on systems which seems to use glibc2.1...

And no, I do not want to maintain this package, I just want a working binary
for m68k, even if it doesnt make much sense, because m68k machines are too
slow. It can be compiled for m68k, so it should be in the distribution.

New maintainers, step forward. When somebody comes up with patches, makeing
it work on glibc2.0 _and_ glibc2.1, I will sponsor it, or maybe the current
maintainer, until you are maintainer yourself.

Ciao,
Christian.
--
Read the FAQ!                     http://www.linux-m68k.org/faq/faq.html
Download the FAQ!   ftp://ftp.uni-erlangen.de/pub/Linux/680x0/FAQ/FAQ.gz