prevent a porter from going crazy...

Hi,
I invested many hours in porting the non-free package snes9x to m68k.
Last week I (thought I) succeeded in makeing it compile for both m68k and
i386, and it should also be buildable for other arches now.
Packages for m68k are ready, source also, and it builds fine on my
i386/slink box.
Before uploading source and debs, I tried to build on pandora (i386/potato),
faure (alpha/potato) and kubrick (sparc/potato), and all three arches failed
to build! With the same error...
I tried to build the original source package on potato, it failed also, with
the same error. (if you want to see the error, log on any of these, read
cts/logs/snes9x*)

What should I do now?
Upload only the m68k debs without the source patches needed to build?
Upload with source patches? Then the package can be rebuilt for m68k, it
doesnt build on i386 anyway, so the old source patches are foobar?
Ask for withdrawal of the package?
Or leave this alone and start playing with something else?

The maintainer does not want to spend too much time on this non-free package
anyway, maybe one of the many potential new maintainers wants to invest some
time here, I am sick of it allready.
Oh, btw, there is a new upstream version available and the package could
need an updating of standards also (happens automatically when you rebuild
it, but well, it doesnt compile in i386/potato anymore...)

Ciao,
Christian.
--
Read the FAQ!                     http://www.linux-m68k.org/faq/faq.html
Download the FAQ!   ftp://ftp.uni-erlangen.de/pub/Linux/680x0/FAQ/FAQ.gz